The boy asked,
" Guru Ji , my eyes see, my mind thinks, my heart says, 'I am me.' I make choices, and I remember things. Which part of me is truly who I am?"
The yogi smiled and asked,
"Who is asking this question?"
The boy thought for a moment and said,
"Maybe it is the part that chooses right from wrong."
The yogi replied,
"That part only helps you make decisions. It is not truly you."
The boy asked,
"Maybe it is the part that thinks, 'I am me.'"
The yogi shook his head.
"That part only creates the idea of yourself. It is not truly you."
The boy asked,
"Is it my mind that arranges my thoughts?"
The yogi said,
"That part only organises your thoughts. It is not truly you."
The boy wondered,
"Maybe it is the part that remembers everything?"
The yogi smiled and said,
"That part only stores your memories. It is not truly you."
The boy became quiet and asked,
"If I am not any of these things, then who am I?"
The yogi smiled and pointed toward the vast blue sky.
He said,
"Your eyes, ears, and feelings are like clouds. Your mind is like the wind. The voice that says 'I am' is like thunder. The part that decides is like lightning. Your memories are like rain."
But you are like the sky.
The sky is always present, even when clouds, wind, rain, thunder, and lightning appear and disappear. They come and go, but the sky remains unchanged.
That is your true self."
The boy asked,
"Why do I have all these parts then?"
The yogi smiled.
He said,
"So that, after searching everywhere, you discover that you were always the sky. You were always at home within yourself."
Moral of the Story
You are not just your thoughts, feelings, or memories.
You are like the sky, always present even when clouds come and go.
Remember: your true self is always peaceful and free, just like the sky.
Your memories are not you.
You are not what comes and goes. You are what always remains.
Find that. AND
This is the secret
No comments:
Post a Comment