One rainy afternoon, a young man named Arjun walked into her office. His head was lowered, his hands trembled slightly, and his eyes carried the weight of disappointment.
“I keep failing my job interviews,” he whispered. “I prepare, I try, but I always feel like I’m not enough. Everyone else seems smarter and more confident than me.”
Dr. Maya listened without interrupting. She saw not a failure sitting before her, but someone who had forgotten his own worth.
After a moment, she picked up a small, ordinary stone from her desk and placed it in Arjun’s hand.
“Take this stone home,” she said.
“Every night, write down one thing you did well that day. It can be something small. Place the note under this stone and remind yourself that your efforts matter.”
Arjun was unsure, but he agreed.
Days turned into weeks. Slowly, the empty pages filled with victories he had once ignored.
- “Practised for my interview.”
- “Helped someone today.”
- “Had the courage to try again.”
A month later, Arjun returned. The same stone rested in his hand, but the hopeless young man was gone. His shoulders were straight, his eyes were brighter, and his smile carried confidence.
“I got a job offer,” he said. “But more importantly, I finally realised I was never as incapable as I believed.”
Dr. Maya smiled. “We often become prisoners of our mistakes and forget the strength hidden in our efforts. Confidence grows when we learn to recognize our own progress.”
Arjun looked at the stone and understood that it was never the stone that changed his lif it was the belief he discovered within himself.
Moral:
The greatest transformation begins when we stop measuring ourselves by our failures and start recognising the courage, effort, and strength we already possess.
No comments:
Post a Comment