Sunday, August 16, 2026

Anasuya Learns to Let Go

 Anasuya was 42 and worked as a marketing director. She was successful, hardworking, and responsible. From the outside, everything looked fine.

But inside, she was exhausted.

When she came to see me, she said, 

“I feel like I have to control everything. If I don’t, something will go wrong.”

At work, she checked every small detail. She found it difficult to trust her team and was always worried about deadlines, results, and mistakes. Even after going home, her mind stayed at work. At night, she would replay the whole day in her head:

“Did I make the right decision?”
“What if the project fails?”
“What if I missed something?”

She was tired, anxious, and unable to switch off.

One day, I asked her to imagine a river.

I said, “Imagine standing in a flowing river and trying to stop the water with your hands. What would happen?”

She smiled and said, “I’d get tired.”

“Exactly,” I said. “Maybe that’s what you’ve been doing with life. You’re trying to stop everything you cannot control.”

That idea stayed with her.

We talked about how a river doesn’t have a perfectly straight journey. There are rocks, sharp turns, and unexpected obstacles. But the water doesn’t stop. It finds another way and keeps moving.

So Anasuya tried one small experiment.

She chose one project and gave her team more freedom to handle it. At first, she was very uncomfortable. Every part of her wanted to step in and take control.

Whenever that feeling came, she reminded herself:

“I don’t have to control everything. I can guide, adjust, and move forward.”

Slowly, something changed.

Her team started taking more responsibility. They came up with ideas she hadn’t thought of. And the project went well.

More importantly, Anasuya began to feel lighter.

She realized that letting go didn’t mean she was careless or weak. It simply meant accepting that she couldn’t control every situation.

Like a river, she could meet an obstacle, change direction, and still keep moving.

Moral

Strength doesn’t always mean fighting harder. Sometimes, strength means knowing when to let go, adapt, and keep flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anasuya Learns to Let Go

 Anasuya was 42 and worked as a marketing director. She was successful, hardworking, and responsible. From the outside, everything looked fi...