Monday, August 24, 2026

Who made ur mistake as your Label ???

I want to share something I see all the time....something many of us do without even realizing it.

We make one mistake… and suddenly, in our own minds, we become the mistake.

Take Ria.

One day at work, she made a small error. Nothing disastrous. Nothing that couldn’t be fixed. The kind of mistake any human being could make.

But Ria didn’t tell herself, “I made a mistake.”

She told herself, “I’m a failure.”

And that one thought followed her home.

That night, she replayed the moment again and again—what she should have done, what she should have said, what everyone must be thinking about her.

Her chest felt tight. Her mind wouldn’t slow down.

And underneath all that noise was one painful sentence:

“You’re not good enough.”

So I asked her not to fight the feeling. Not to judge it. Just to notice it.

Where did she feel it in her body?
What was her inner voice saying?
And most importantly… why did one small mistake hurt so much?

Slowly, we uncovered something deeper.

Growing up, Ria had learned that being loved often felt connected to being good enough. Doing things right. Achieving. Not disappointing anyone.

Somewhere along the way, perfection had become connected to worth.

So that reaction at work?

It wasn’t really just about the mistake.

It was an old fear whispering:

“If I’m not perfect, maybe I’m not worthy.”

Then I asked her a simple question:

“Would you ever speak to someone you love the way you speak to yourself?”

She laughed.

“Never.”

And there it was.

She would give a friend patience. Context. Understanding. A second chance.

But herself?

She gave punishment.

So we looked at the thought more closely.

Did one mistake really mean she was terrible at her job?

Of course not.

It meant she made a mistake.

It meant she was learning.

It meant she was human.

And then Ria did something different.

Instead of spending another night trapped inside her own thoughts, she spoke to her supervisor.

And the surprising part?

Her boss barely remembered the mistake.

The moment that had consumed Ria for hours had hardly registered for anyone else.

That was powerful.

Because she began to realize how often we suffer—not only because of what happened, but because of the story we tell ourselves about what happened.

She didn't need to punish herself to become better.

She could acknowledge it.

Learn from it.

Repair what needed repairing.

And move forward.

But healing rarely happens in one beautiful breakthrough.

A week later, Ria made another mistake.

And almost instantly, that familiar guilt came rushing back.

Here we go again.

For a moment, she felt defeated.

“I thought I was past this.”

But this time, something was different.

She noticed it.

She recognized the voice.

She understood where it came from.

And instead of believing every cruel thing her mind told her, she had the ability to respond differently.

That’s when it clicked:

Healing isn’t never falling into an old pattern again.
Healing is recognizing the pattern sooner—and choosing yourself differently when you do.

Sometimes we circle back to the same fears, the same insecurities, the same habits.

That doesn't always mean we're back at the beginning.

Sometimes we're simply meeting the same wound with a little more awareness, a little more courage, and a little more compassion than before.

So the next time you make a mistake, notice how quickly you turn against yourself.

And ask:

“If someone I deeply cared about were going through this, what would I say to them?”

Then say those words to yourself.

Because you deserve the same patience you so freely give to others.

The same understanding.

The same kindness.

And maybe that’s one of the deepest forms of growth:

Learning to become a safe place for yourself.

REMEMBER : A mistake describes something you did - not who you are

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who made ur mistake as your Label ???

I want to share something I see all the time....something many of us do without even realizing it. We make one mistake… and suddenly, in our...