But slowly, that confidence began to disappear.
Whenever she emailed her manager, Alex, about unclear instructions or urgent deadlines, he often ignored her. Later, when she followed up, he would casually say, “Ramya, I never received that message.”
At first, she blamed technology.
Then she started blaming herself.
One evening, an important campaign was close to failure. Ramya had warned Alex several times. When she confronted him, he looked at her calmly and said, “I already told you what to do. I even sent you messages.”
Ramya searched her inbox.
Nothing.
On the drive home through Hyderabad’s crowded roads, tears filled her eyes.
What if I’m forgetting things? What if I’m not good enough anymore?
That night, she checked her emails again and again. She could not sleep.
Over the next few weeks, Ramya became quieter. She stopped speaking confidently in meetings. She saved screenshots, reread conversations, and felt anxious whenever Alex approached her desk.
Eventually, she shared everything with someone she trusted.
For the first time, instead of asking, “What is wrong with me?” she asked, “What do the facts & evidence show?”
That question changed everything.
Ramya began documenting conversations, seeking support, and setting clear boundaries. Slowly, her confidence returned.
She realized that someone else’s denial did not have the power to erase her reality.
Moral:
When repeated confusion makes you doubt yourself, return to evidence, trusted support, and your own values. Healthy relationships do not make you constantly question your memory or worth; they are built on clarity, respect, and accountability.
No comments:
Post a Comment